It’s easy to find reasons not to take a family vacation: life’s too busy, vacation planning can be frustrating and time-consuming, and there never seems to be enough extra money for such “splurges.” However, once you start feeling mentally and physically exhausted from the everyday routine, you may come to the realization that it is necessary to get away for a little while. Your body and mind literally crave a break.
Besides helping you feel rejuvenated, vacations are also beneficial for the whole family. They give everyone a short escape from daily stress and offer quality family time. While on vacation, you have time outside of the normal schedule for shared experiences and new memories.
A few benefits of taking a family vacation include:
- Family bonding and new memories- Families that do things together—particularly fun things—enjoy a closer and stronger relationship.
- Freedom to try new things - Having the freedom to try things that are out of the ordinary is thrilling. It doesn't have to be scary, uncomfortable, or epic, but trying new things expands horizons and gives a sense of satisfaction.
- Chances to learn something new - Whether you're vacationing in a new-to-you city, at Disney World, or at the beach, these trips provide chances to learn new things like how to swim, where the best authentic Mexican restaurant is located, and what's specific to a particular region.
- Improved mental health - Experts note that an important benefit of vacation time is improved mental health. Feelings of calm arise and relieve stress, which allow the body and mind to heal in ways that it couldn’t if it were still under pressure.
Understanding the value of a family vacation is step #1; the next step is finding the right vacation spot.
We think that Family Camp is a great choice.
Here are 3 compelling reasons why Family Camp should make it onto your Top 3 Vacation Ideas list.
For the kids who love adventure . . .
There are some kids who are wired for thrills—they're the ones who love anything big, loud, and fast. For the families that can relate to this, we have some fun options. Actually, we have options for everyone—the young and the not-as-young. But for those thrill-seekers, we have these activities available on-site:
- Zip Lining
- Big Swing
- Indoor Rock Climbing Wall
- Archery and Archery Tag ®
- New this year: Cargo Net & Key Log Rolling
Of course, we also have traditional camp activities, too—swimming, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and more.
For the mom who prefers easy planning . . .
If you want a low-stress, minimal-planning vacation, Family Camp fits the bill. Your all-inclusive package includes lodging, meals, worship & teaching sessions, kid's clubs, and recreational activities.
It's the easiest you’ll ever plan.
All you have to do is:
- pick 1 of 5 possible weeks to attend
- register online or call us at 800-234-2683
- pack your bags
- show up!
For the family who loves Jesus . . .
Our mission is to help people connect with God and each other in order to be transformed into the image of Christ, through His Word, His creation, and community.
Everything we plan for Family Camp fits into this mission. During worship time, there are fun songs for the whole family and contemporary worship music that mom and dad enjoy. Bible teachers—that relate to the struggles we all face—tell it like it is from God’s Word. A life coach is available if you’d like someone to help process life and pray with you. We also offer ClubCrib, ClubCove, CrossWalk and Collide to provide spiritual encouragement for all of your children, birth through college.
Sandy Cove has a team of people who focus on designing, planning, and hosting each week of Family Camp and a cast of thousands (OK, hundreds) who work behind the scenes to help them pull it off, because connecting you with God and each other is our priority!
Need more reasons to come to Sandy Cove for your next vacation? We've got 'em! Just download our PDF—10 Reasons Why Family Camp Is The Best Vacation Ever, to see all of them. Did we mention, we take care of all your meals? On-site? Included in your overnight package price? We sure do!